If you need to request a file from someone via email this is a secure way for someone to send you a file without the need for them to create an account or password. This will replace Sharefile.
Large File Receive
1. Click on the Mimecast tab in Outlook
2. Click on "Request Large Files"
3. This will open up a new email message. Compose your message and hit send
4. A box will pop up where you can set the length that the link will work for the person you are requesting files from.
5. When the recipient of the mail opens the email there will be an attachment. They will need to open the attachment
6. When the attachment is opened they will see a button to upload files, Clicking this button will take them to a webpage.
One the web page the person receiving the request will see a button labeled "Get Access Key" Once clicked, Mimecast will send them an email with an access code. They can put it in the form asking for the key.
Once the access key is entered they will be taken to a page to upload files
7. When they have uploaded the files you will get an email with an attachment. Open the attachment and click the "Download Files" attachment
This will open a web page where you can download the files that the person sent to you
Please sign in to leave a comment.